The USDFBCS Stallion Final was won by Fortunato H2O (Floriscount/Raleska WF by Rascalino) with a score of 84.90. Fortunato is owned by Lehua Custer and bred by Kendra Hansis of Runningwater Warmbloods.
Fienna (Sir Sinclair/Vienna by Paddox) took home the blue in the USDFBCS Mare Final. This KWPN mare is owned by Iron Spring Farm, Inc. and bred by Belinda Nairn.
Performance Division Begins
The Perfomance Division started in the Wheeler Ring with the Fourth Level Test of Choice. In the Dixon, riders competed in the USEF Young Horse Tests for 4 year olds and the FEI Young Horse Tests 5 and 6 year olds.
According to the governing bodies, the judges are looking for:
FOUR-YEAR-OLDs should show:
- Natural balance and engagement. The ability to bend the joints in the hind legs
- Willingness to go forward with impulsion rather than just speed
- Willingness to accept the rider’s aids without coercion
- A minimum of negative tension, physical or mental
- An uphill tendency as a bonus, depending on the physical stage of development 2
FIVE-YEAR-OLDs should show in addition:
- Willingness to collect, as observed in movements where taking additional weight onto hindquarters is required or desirable
- Equal bend and suppleness to both sides
- Correct development of straightness
SIX-YEAR-OLDs should show in addition:
- Clear ability to collect, shown for longer periods of time, as demanded in the test
- Uphill balance more clearly demonstrated
- Increased suppleness and bending for lateral work. The quality of the lateral work and the flying changes are an important part of the assessment.
- Clear, consistent cadence in trot and canter
- Fluency and self-carriage in all work.
The 4 year old class was won by Mojito (Grand Galaxy Win/Esperanza by Rodhiomant) with a score of 78.60. Mojito is a 16.3 KWPN Chestnut gelding, ridden and owned by Kymberly Pullen.
The USDFBCS Filly Final was won by Ice Princess (Asgard's Ibizza, sire of dam Don Schufro) with a score of 84.575. Ice Princess is owned by Alice Tarjan.
With a score of 82.250, Biltmore (Bernay/Hilllery by Harvard) won the USDFBCS Colt/Gelding Final. Biltmore is owned by Melany Lipar.
Additional results can be found at www.dressageatdevon.org.
Dressage at Devon Presents the First "Shoppin' in the USA"
This year Dressage at Devon served as a platform to introduce breeders and their offspring to a knowledgable perspective client base, making it easy for buyers to see multiple horses at one time.
If you couldn't make it, be sure to check out the Shoppin' in the USA catalog by visiting www.dressageatdevon.org.